Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Knitting

I had this fun activity that we got to learn how to knit!

My leader showed us several stitches but decided to teach us the easier stitch. I got this cool blue, turquoise and aqua colored yarn that makes a pattern similar to tie dye. It might take a while but I'm going to make a scarf, its not that I really need a scarf at all, but my leader said it is an fast and easy thing to do!
My leader also told us about her goal! She has planed to make one hundred baby caps, to give to a hospital that has new born babies. So every time a baby is born the parents can take a hat for there child.
She says that she has already done sixty and that her mother has done twenty! I wanted to help but I just learned how to knit a basic stitch, and she says; to make a hat it takes five needles (that's more than I can handle).
Once I get better I'll try to make a sweater or something, but that's way in the future and besides I might just want to stick with a sweater anyways!


0 People Comment Because They Love Me!!: